About IATA Hackathon
After Berlin, Dubai, Dublin, San Francisco and Paris, the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Hackathon is coming to the city of Kochi, Kerala in February 2018. The event, hosted by IBS Software at Smart City, Kochi will see top rated independent programmers, ground-breaking entrepreneurs and professionals from leading airline companies around the world competing to showcase their innovative genius. Winners will walk away with a share of US$12,000 in prize money as well as the opportunity to present their ideas at IATA’s global events. Exceptional ideas will be offered a 6 week incubation program by IATA.
IBS Travel Hackathon 2018 Student Edition
IBS Software and Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology (MBCET) team up for the IBS Travel Hackathon 2018 Student Edition – the exclusive qualifier event for student teams from India to IATA NDC Hackathon in Kochi.
IBS Travel Hackathon 2018 Student Edition, to be held on 27-28 Jan 2018 at MBCET campus in Thiruvananthapuram, aims to provide a platform for student engineers from select colleges/universities in India to show that they have what it takes to challenge the masters of the game. This 26 hour non-stop hackathon will test innovative thinking, design acumen and raw programming skills of students, as well as their mental endurance. IBS and MBCET, in partnership with IATA, invite you to a weekend filled with creativity, learning and fun.
The hackathon comprises the following phases
Each team will get 1 min to give an overview of their idea. Jury, mentors, and/or other attendees who are not competing, will express their opinion on its suitability/potential by a show of a red or green card. This is to help teams assess if they are heading in the right direction.
This is the 26 hour period where teams will build their application.
This is the final stage where teams will make the final presentation of their application. Each team will get 4 mins to present, followed by 1 min for Q&A from the Jury. A working demonstration of the application is a must, powerpoint presentations alone will not be sufficient to win a prize.
Global travel is a multi-trillion dollar market, and a key driving force for progress in the new world economy. Asia is seeing a boom in trade, and is therefore considered to be a key hub for growth in the coming years. Online travel booking by itself is approaching the trillion dollar mark on a global scale, which means the entire world is looking at technology companies to lead the way. Digitization has not just changed the way we do business today, but also set up a potent platform for a fast paced future.
Being heavily demand-driven, the travel industry always encourages innovative ideas and disruptive business models. These must necessarily originate from technologists who are able to apply fresh perspectives and unleash their imaginations to free thought. In other words, we are looking at the budding engineers of today to deliver the next big innovative idea!
While creativity knows no bounds, your idea for this hackathon should improve the travel experience and/or process in some manner. There is no constraint besides this – your idea can be for travellers or travel providers, for leisure or business travel, for any mode of travel (air, land, sea) or for any stage of travel (inspiration, planning, booking, experiencing, sharing).
- Teams are expected to come up with new, innovative ideas for the Competition. Ideas previously used/showcased/implemented or copied from somewhere will not be considered
- Teams are expected to build the application only during the Competition. However teams can plan/prepare/strategize prior to the Competition
- Participants must bring their own laptops, with all software that they intend to use pre-installed, to the Competition. Organizer will not provide any hardware and/or software.
- Teams may use libraries shared by the Organizer or any open source library to build their application. Use of copyrighted/private libraries should only be done with explicit permission of the owner.
- Participation is strictly by invitation only. Unsolicited entries will not be entertained, and the organizers reserve the right to deny admission to any individual/team without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- Invited institutions can nominate one team each, duly authorized by the Principal or equivalent Head of the institution. Participants should show their institute id card for verification.
- Each team should have a minimum of three and a maximum of five members.
- Participants must be above 18 years of age on the date of the event and must carry a valid age proof to the event.
27 Jan 2018, Saturday
28 Jan 2018, Sunday
Top 5 teams will be given entry into the IATA NDC Hackathon to be held at the IBS Software offices, Smart City, Kochi in February 2018.
- Prizes will be handed over in front of a global audience at the IATA NDC Hackathon in Kochi.
- Winners and participants will be eligible for recruitment offers at the discretion of the organizers (in addition to other exciting spot prizes)
Mar Baselios College of Engineering & Technology
Mar Ivanios Vidyanagar, Nalanchira,
Kerala, India - 695015
Last date for registration- 18 Jan 2018 2359 hrs
- Registrations open on 5-Jan-2018 1000 hrs and close on 18-Jan-2018 2359 hrs.
- Each member of the team should register himself/herself for the Competition.
- Enter full name of your college/institute.
- Providing phone number is optional, however we recommend you provide one to enable easier communication with Organizer.
- Only 1 member from the team should answer the question “Why should your team be selected?”
- It is important that you read and understand the terms and conditions for the Competition.
- For any difficulty during registration, please contact Vikas Sood (+91 70220 21009) or Arun George Philip (+91 8943111390)